Jean Grey (
fireincarnate) wrote2014-06-15 12:39 pm
26 - Video - Backdated to Day After the Flood
[Jean looks like herself again - except she's turning the band she wore round and round in her hands.]
So - sorry, to anyone I yelled at.
For anyone who doesn't know, my name is actually Jean, and I'm not a druid. [She sounds a bit wistful, though. The memories aren't quite hers, now, but enough remains that she misses them.
Aglain, she thinks, was a lot like Charles.]
I'm starting to worry about this trend. I've ended up as a terrorist twice, now. [Her lips quirk with a sharp sort of ruefulness.]
[Private to Morgana]
[The wry amusement fades, and her voice is low and soft.]
So. That was Camelot.
[Private to Elsa and Ben, separately]
[This, though, is a bit lighter.]
You were an X-Man, huh?
[Private to Marsh]
[And the amusement returns entirely.]
Thanks for the beer.
So - sorry, to anyone I yelled at.
For anyone who doesn't know, my name is actually Jean, and I'm not a druid. [She sounds a bit wistful, though. The memories aren't quite hers, now, but enough remains that she misses them.
Aglain, she thinks, was a lot like Charles.]
I'm starting to worry about this trend. I've ended up as a terrorist twice, now. [Her lips quirk with a sharp sort of ruefulness.]
[Private to Morgana]
[The wry amusement fades, and her voice is low and soft.]
So. That was Camelot.
[Private to Elsa and Ben, separately]
[This, though, is a bit lighter.]
You were an X-Man, huh?
[Private to Marsh]
[And the amusement returns entirely.]
Thanks for the beer.

Private
Private
Private
[It's not like she knows enough about Jean to say for certain.]
Private
Who else did you know? [She keeps her tone gentle; she doesn't want to be demanding.]
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
Private
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
The experiences we have, the people we know - it's not all of us, I don't think, but it shapes us.
(no subject)
(no subject)
[Private]
That was Camelot. You went to war against Uther?
[Private]
[Private]
[She smiles, but it doesn't quite reach high enough. There's a hungry look occupying her eyes, a hunger for new ideas, new options, new ways to fight.]
[Private]
But it would feel like a betrayal if she didn't.]
It was - guerilla warfare, basically. We targeted the weak spots, struck as quickly as we could. We tried not to be predictable. We kept moving, always.
We interrupted captures. It was easier to free our people before they got to Camelot's dungeons. We used spies - willing or not.
We made people scared. [And finally, a slight grimace.] We thought - if people were more scared of us than they were of him...
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
Re: [Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
[Private]
no subject
no subject
no subject
I mean - even if you're born that way, you're still not choosing it.
[But still.] I could see how, uh, certain circumstances might not give a terrorist a whole lot of choice, though, either. [Maybe some. But not much.]
no subject
That's the kneejerk answer. That's what Charles would say. But she's not sure it's true, not any more.]
I don't think we had to do it that way. A lot of it was driven by fear, and hatred, and grief. But - no, we didn't have a lot of options.
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
I was happy, though. Mostly.
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]
[ Private ]